Designed by educators, for educators, no prior technological experience is needed. Whether your school has a makerspace or not, this training will be the best professional development of your teaching career.
Makerspace style learning can be applied inclassrooms or after school programs. The knowledge you gain during our program can be adapted to any curriculum or budget.
Prepare your students to be competitive in an ever changing job market. Teach higher order thinking and problem solving skills using hands-on application. Offer fresh curriculum that puts your students ahead of the pack!
ONE WEEK OF TRAINING is $1500 and includes:
- Housing on campus at Tulane University.
- $150 prepaid meal card to use in Tulane University’s dining facilities.
- All access pass to the Tulane Makerspace with pre-paid machine fees and materials.
- 3 hours of free makerspace consultation services for your school.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Programming Primer
- Making and Tinkering
- STEAM Pedagogy
EXPERIENCE NEW ORLEANS
IDIYA Labs has planned special events for you to experience everything New Orleans has to offer. Although you are not required to attend, we would be happy to show you some true southern hospitality.
Monday: Restaurant des Familles and Zydeco
Tuesday: French Quarter
Wednesday: National WWII Museum
Friday: Choose Your Own Adventure